Marketing & Promotions Intern
We are seeking a dynamic aspiring publishing professional to be our Marketing & Promotions Intern from Monday, May 27th through Friday, August 9th, 2019. This is a full-time, three-month paid internship that offers $2,000/month. Our office is located in downtown Toronto near Queen & Bathurst. Our hours are Monday to Friday from 9:30AM-5:00PM.
This internship is an excellent opportunity to gain a variety of hands-on publishing and marketing experience working with a small, tight-knit team at a proudly independent Canadian publisher of books for children, teens, and adults focusing on themes of human rights and social justice.
We recognize and embrace the value that diversity brings to our publishing program, from the books and authors we publish to our staff and collaborators. Candidates from diverse backgrounds and marginalized communities are strongly encouraged to apply. Having completed a post-secondary certificate or some courses in publishing or a related field would be an asset. Enthusiasm for important books and storytelling is a must.
Tasks and responsibilities will include:
• Assisting with press releases, publicity, review copy and catalogue mailings, and awards submissions
• Helping to plan and executing social media campaigns on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
• Contributing to website management and crafting content for our recently revamped website
• Contributing to the expansion of our digital footprint through promotion of specific books via NetGalley, Goodreads, blog tours, and beyond
• Contributing to our growing e-newsletter marketing
• Supporting the Marketing team with preparations for our upcoming sales conference, including using online catalogue tools Catalist and Edelweiss
• Assisting with book launches, trade conferences, and other promotional events
• Contributing to our monthly editorial meetings and assorted other editorial tasks, including managing unsolicited manuscripts.
Please note in your cover letter if you have any particular interests (marketing, publicity, design, digital projects, etc.), as we do our best to tailor the intern’s experience to incorporate their individual goals.
Send a resume and cover letter to our Marketing & Promotions Coordinator, Caitlyn Stewart, no later than Wednesday, April 24th, 2019. However, please keep in mind that we may begin scheduling interviews as soon as applications are received.
Caitlyn Stewart, Marketing & Promotions Coordinator email: email@example.com